Mar 26, 2011

My 'Bro'

"Do you have a girlfriend?", asks my 5 year old nephew.

"No! Why?" I ask him laughing.

"Then do you have a boyfriend?", he asks me again.

I laugh even harder. Where is this kid getting it all from?, I ask myself. "No, I do not have a boyfriend either!"

"So you do not have any friends at all! Why do you not have any friends?", he asks me again.

"I have friends!" I tell him.

"But if they are not boys and they are not girls, what are they?", he asks with his eyes all lit up with curiosity.

Like a bulb somewhere just lit up in my head, I get what he's asking me. To him, a girlfriend is a friend who is a girl and a boyfriend is a friend who is a boy. Parents will do just about anything to preserve innocence. "I have friends. No boyfriends. No girlfriends.", I respond.

"But what are they?" he starts asking me laying over my chest.

"They are my friends!", I tell him point blank with a smile.

He remains silent for a while. He pushing his little toy car on my arm. He likes to push it all the way up to my arm pit where I get tickled easily. "Can I be your friend?", he asks me biting his lower lip. My heart melts into a big puddle of goo.

"No, you're not my friend!" I say picking him up and lifting him well above myself. "You're my bro!", I tell him.

"What's a 'bro'?", he asks.

"Bro is a brother! A very cool brother! You are my very cool brother!", I tell him.

"Cool!", he yells.

"You want to learn a fist bump?", I ask him.

"What's a fist bump?", he asks me.

I sit up and put him down besides me. I folded his hand in a punch and struck it lightly against my fist. "That's a fist pump! It's what bros do!" My hand is still retracted into a fist, so he starts fist pumping me with all his might.


"This is fun!", he screams. I open my hand and catch his fist in a flash, and begin to tickle him. I stop after a while. "You're awesome!" he yells and gives me a really tight hug.

-------------------------------

I can't help missing my 'bro' right now, so here's a post dedicated to one of the most awesome kids in the world. You'll always be awesome, Bilal

19 comments:

Bitchzilla On the Loose said...

That's so cute :(
I wish i had such "bro". I have a monster brother. Monster BIG brother. :|




Bitchzilla on The loose.

Aaron Khan said...

aww. dats just precious

Samuel Khan said...

Such a sweet post phunkoO !
U're jUst too good ! Even I wonna have u as ma brO ! :)

Phunk Factor said...

@ Bitchzilla On the Loose

Hahaha...true..but i'm a big brother myself...and even though we're monsters at times...we love our sisters...we're over-protective..bt we can't help it!

Bear with us please...after all, we have to eat ur first few cooking experiments! :p

@ Aaron Khan

I know! He's the cutest!

@ Sammy Khan

Duuuude...i'm ur bro! What made u think I ain't?! :p

Bitchzilla On the Loose said...

Hmmm.. So like you're trying to tell me that our food experiments created the monsters in you?? :P



Bitchzilla on The loose.

Jacob Woods said...

Possibly the cutest short story I have read this afternoon! Great post!

Phunk Factor said...

@ Bitchzilla On the Loose

There is a possibility! ;)

@ Jacob Woods

Thanks, man! :)

Hadi Hussain said...

Sweet :)

*Clink* said...

Hey Phunkie..!

This was something really sweet. Children can really be innocent, and as we grow up we seem to forget the very meaning of the word 'innocent'. Thank God that we have such angels who remind us about it. Life would be void of any happiness without them..!

Whimsical Hatter said...

Fine. No matter how much ever you try, you are not going to stop me from having children! ;-p btw, I went super 'awwh' over this post (This is me being nice!).

Phunk Factor said...

@ Hadi

I know! He's sooo sweet...i wanna keep hugging him 4evr!!

@ *Clink*

I know...children are the wonders of God....so little and yet so wise in some many ways! They're amazing bundles of joy!

@ Whimsical Hatter

Duuude...i'm SO not stopping u from having a kid...just don't forget to invite his/her very cool uncle to all the birthdays and wedding! :D

InshAllah!

THUNDERCAT832 said...

awwwwwwwww that is the cutest and coolest conversation ever!!! You rock as an uncle!

Mike said...

Soooo cute!!! So young and so great!!!

Phunk Factor said...

@ Thundercat 832

And you rock as a blog sista! :D

@ Mike

He's cute beyond belief! I wish I could post a picture here...but he ain't ky kid so that option isn't up for my choosing! :(

Jackdaw said...

Wow, that is one sweet post! I think the innocence of children is contagious: when you're alone with a little boy like him there's not a bad thought that can enter your mind.

Kane said...

Wow Phunk, that was such an amazing talk =) It's the stuff you want to remember for a long, long time.

Especially when he starts to grow up =)

Kane

Phunk Factor said...

@ Jackdaw

I know....also I think you're too tired to process ANY thoughts at all! :p

@ Kane

Yeah...i'm definitely gonna tell him that he asked me as a 5 yr old if i had a girlfriend or a boyfriend?! :p

Thanks fr dropping by u guys! :)

Toxic Love said...

Unbelievably cute

Phunk Factor said...

@ Toxic Love

Yeah! I know! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...