Feb 14, 2011

Teenage Dream

I didn't plan on doing a Valentine's Day post. I honestly didn't! It's not because I am single and I hate everybody that is in love right now. I am very much happy and satisfied being single, I get to meet alot of interesting characters.

However an image posted in the spirit of Valentine's Day by my friend Artistry of Male inspired me to taint my blog with a V-Day post.

Grow Old With You

Besides there is really nothing original in my views about Valentine's Day. I do believe that Love is not meant to be celebrated once a year, it's meant to be celebrated all year round. I do believe that if you have that special someone, you do everything in your power to show that person that they are your priority. I do believe that you do not need cards, a box of chocolates or red heart shaped balloons (Yuck!) to express your love. Flowers you do occasionally need. And lastly I completely believe that Hallmark and similar companies are hell bent upon emptying our pockets in the name of Valentine's Day. How can Valentine's Day cause the price of TV to go down? What the two have in relation anyway? You are going to gift your lover a TV and have them put it in the bedroom so that you two can be miserable together in many sex-less nights?

Being in love is most definitely one of the most amazing feelings in the world and I do wish that everybody does find somebody to love - gay, straight or bi, whatever. We all deserve to be loved. However falling in love is easy. Staying in love is the hard part. A friend of mine said something to me a few weeks back that made me smile instantly. It's remarkable how simply but wonderfully the said friend's lover put it;

"Love is not about how much you care in the beginning but how much you care till the end"

However nobody needs any lessons on loving someone from me, infact nobody can teach you how to love. Being in love involves a huge risk, but if the person's worth it - fall right now, bitch!

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"

- Billy Crystal from When Harry Met Sally

Although this movie was released abit less than two years after I was born, I watched it in 2006 from my sister's collection and it became one of my all time favorites. Especially the line that I have mentioned above has been stuck in my head ever since. I simply can't get it out of my head. I simply can't!

One thing that annoys me even beyond all the consumerism that explodes on Valentine's Day is the moaning, bitching, whining, groaning of single people. Okay, so you are not in love but so are alot of people all over the world. You're not the only one. Why be so freak'in miserable?

Valentine's Day is a celebration of love. You don't need to be in love to celebrate it. If you have ever loved, you already know what Valentine's Day is all about. Wish those in love the best, and perhaps next year you too will have someone to go sickeningly sweet with. If you're single, enjoy Valentine's Day like I did with alot of crazy songs and good food.



If I could sing, I would sing to express my love. In the last year, I think there has been no better love song than Katy Perry's Teenage Dream.

-----------------------------------------------

I got an email from a reader asking if I was still with Nathan, how would I celebrate Valentine's Day?.

Before I go ahead to answer that question, I can not believe somebody has been following me for so long. It's like having a secret best friend that I don't even know about. To who ever you are, where you are from - HUGS!!

I have to say that originally I considered not answering this question because even with my creativity I could not have celebrated Valentine's Day with Nathan being in a whole different country. However when he would have come to Pakistan in the summer of 2011 I would have definitely given him some good good loving.

I did have an idea for something, however I can't really explain it. I am going to be doing a post on it later with illustrations so that you guys can have a better idea about what I wanted. I took inspiration from Teenage Dream itself, but that's all I am telling you now.

Next post, I promise is going to be on my gift idea. To those hanging on the Alex story line, I'm going to be returning to it after the gift post. Expect the next post on the Alex saga to be up by Saturday or sometime early next week for sure.

9 comments:

THUNDERCAT832 said...

Awww love you blog bro! No matter what! Today is your day! Valentine's day is a day of FREE INDEPENDENCE for you and I just wanted to let you know that you're indeed loved (and not only by me) xoxo

Phunk Factor said...

@ Thundercat832

Thanks, Falen! :D

Thanks alot!!

Kane said...

I was laughing when you said you hate everybody that is in love right now. =)

And I really love Teenage Dream, wish I could find somebody who can make me feel the same way.

Kane

M@rvin said...

Yes, we got through the day somehow, now one more year of not having to think about it! :)

V Day hugs from me. ;)

Phunk Factor said...

@ Kane

I know...it's like the perfect love song!! I fell in love with it past summer...and I still am...so shamelessly! :p

@ M@rvin

Somehow? I had fun! I sang! :D

V Day hugs from me too!!

*slides hands down and squeezes ur bums* :p

savante said...

Keep going back to the first picture of the two guys :) Such a sweet yet simple gesture of affection.

Hope you had a great Valentine's!

Phunk Factor said...

@ Savante

I know! It's so beautiful...i've completely fallen in love with it!

M@rvin said...

Girl, this ass has been around so much, one more hand squeezing it wouldn't make any difference. :)

Phunk Factor said...

@ M@rvin

Slut! :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...