Jan 14, 2011

Finding Beauty

We don't love people because they are beautiful. They are beautiful because we love them.
- Anonymous


I couldn't agree more with this amazing quote. People are beautiful because we love them. It does make sense when we tend to look at a couple where one of the two is unattractive and the other is va-va-voom material. I have heard so many people commenting that exact thing about Sean and Heidi Klum. "What does SHE see in HIM?", they all say. The two have one of the longest standing marriages in the history of tinsel town, and it's still going amazing. They're one of the 'It' couples in my opinion. I wish the two of them the best always!

Beauty does play a huge part in any relationship. After all you have to be attracted to your partner otherwise you would never really be interested in him or her. But in reality, it isn't as much of an issue that people make it to be.

When two people fall in love and I mean truly fall in love, they truly do love each other. Warts, moles, love handles, crazy eyes or whatever. Nothing like that really matters then. You have found that one person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You don't bloody care if he looks like the donkey's behind!

Sensibly speaking, beauty also should not count for that much. Would you have that 36-24-36 your entire life? Would you always have those steel abs? Would you always have those wavy black hair? Probably down there, but definitely not up here!

People age! People age constantly, but none of that really matters. When you get to grow old with a person, you learn so much about him or her that you start appreciating them for what they really are. And that's so much more than what any set of perfect abs or amazing bust can account for!

Just imagine, two people growing old together. They spend an entire lifetime together. As their hair go from jet-black to platinum white, they have made so many memories together and been through so much. They remember all those moments when they held each other hands and witnessed the sun setting. They remember the time when they welcomed somebody into their family. They remember the days when one of them was sick and the other stood by till he or she felt all better. The holidays! The anniversaries! The vows! Stuff which truly matters.

When any couple reaches that age, they find beauty in the tiniest wrinkles, the silver hair, the gentle fingers. Beauty doesn't always mean a 36-24-36 figure or a chiseled chest. Also I don't know if you have noticed, many people who have these things tend to think too much of themselves and are complete jack-asses. The saying "If you've got it, flaunt it!" is literally abused silly by them! And if your must-have list has anything like that in the list, would you dump the person if he or she looses their sexy figure?

Then you're not a very nice person, my friend!


Beauty is merely a tool to help people get their. It should not be the bag. Same goes for sex! It's one aspect of a relationship. You're entire philosophy of a relationship shouldn't be based on it. What would you rather have?

Someone honest, loving, caring but average looking or someone dishonest, vengeful, negative but sexy?

In hindsight, both Bruce and Nathan are ordinary looking guys. But it was the fact that I was in love with them, that made them so frigg'in sexy. Probably some of my earlier readers remember the post in which I mentioned how I found Nathan's thighs sexy. Now who does that?

Somebody in love. That's the person who finds things like thighs sexy! I have never been a fan of long hair on guys. Especially long hair being pulled all the way back, but Nathan always styled them like that and I absolutely loved them. Same with Bruce, I was a fan of smooth twinkish bums. But Bruce's bum was nothing like that. Firm, solid and slightly fuzzy! Theoretically speaking, I should have not found that appealing. But in reality, I loved those buns from Heaven!

Maybe the age old saying about love being blind is true after all!

------------------------------------------------

I was meaning to post this sometime but I decided to specially post this today after an email from a reader on how I was promoting underwear model figure through my blog.

Buddy, I'm seriously not promoting any particular figure. I post these pictures because they're nice to look at and nothing more. It doesn't mean I want these men in my life! It doesn't mean I want men to look like them! Even if I don't post, would people stop striving for the perfect mid-section or those chiseled pecs or a sculpted back? No! People like to look good, but people should also know that they can't always look good.

I'm very ordinary looking and I like ordinary looking men. As long as you're healthy, you're good. Besides just because you can't have a Prada bag, doesn't mean you can not look at it!


I have a friend who thinks he's ugly and not at all good looking. In my opinion, he's very good looking. Tall, dark and handsome, if I may add are the perfect words to describe him. Had I not been his friend, I would have definitely made every possible attempt to get into his pants. If I have to say it out loud in public to him, I would not hesitate for a second.

It's true; You do not love people because they are beautiful. They are beautiful because you love them!

I believe I've said too much and may have bored you all, so I'm going to take my leave. Taking a page out of my new blogger friend El Disorientido, I'm going to be closing on one of my favorite song's of all time. This song has always touched me and always bought a smile to my face.

20 comments:

El Disorientido said...

What beautiful sentiments. And nicely done Phunk!
(and thanks for the mention)

Phunk Factor said...

@ El Disorientido

No problemo...welcome to the world of pimpage! :)

Whimsical said...

Oh! how I wish there was a 'super-like' tab for the above comment -simply loved the phrase 'world of pimpage':-))

Btw,I was one of those ppl, wondering what was Heidi smoking when she fell for Sean. But then, she is HAPPY and as the adage goes 'beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder',she sees 'him',so...

I'm on the other end of the complexion scale(read 'brown') and I did and still do(a wee-bit) worry abt my complexion and always that I'm so 'okay' looking, but then recently I had an epiphany and I'm ok with that!


and this post reminded of this quote :
I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want - an adorable pancreas? - Jean Kerr

sorry for the long'ish' comment and that guy, in smoking red hot undie is -YUMM! *drools* and OMG,don't even get me started!

ciao

P.S: and you thought I would never end..sorry Mr.! hehhe...
I must say, you have an *impeccable* taste in choosing your models, so darn apt for each of your posts-I envy you for that,BUT, I tip my hat to you,for that!

Phunk Factor said...

@ Whimsical

Et tu, Brutus? :p

I didn't find it odd....i actually kinda like them!! Even I'm brown....most asians are..so I'm like watevr...i don't find my skin color to be an issue...i feel more threatened by my height! :p

LOL @ Jean Kerr

I remember reading it somewhere and completely cracking up!

Yeah...the red undie guy is deeeeevine!

I didn't mind that long comment! ;)

Whimsical said...

Oh ya! I'm very judgmental!
and I'm threatened by my height too :-)

M@rvin said...

Getting to know someone makes them more beautiful. I suppose true beauty really is on the inside.

It's not nice getting nasty/accusatory emails, but I suppose it's a compliment of sorts. People think you are influential enough to shape public opinion with your writing. What more could a writer ask for?

Phunk Factor said...

@ Whimsical

Both me and you...in the same boat! ;)

@ M@rvin

Exactly! Getting to know someone makes them all that everything we like!

LOL!

I didn't think of it that way...so I'm influencing! Maybe I could start posting about sending me money and ppl wud strt doing so! :p

M@rvin said...

No, just compile your posts into a book. Will sell well. :)

Phunk Factor said...

@ M@rvin

LOL!

Hopefully my publisher would be hot and I can totally settle down with him! :p

♫Hershey's Kiss♫ said...

Nice post.

Sebastian G. Oliver said...

I like that, and, while I'm not a Christina Agularia fan, that song gives me goose bumps and its words are true.

I think the most vapid world of all is the gay one where looks are prized over all else and one of the reasons I think there are so many single and lots of bitter gay men out there, they look past the good guys who don't fit some ideal and end up alone.

The best piece of advice I would give anyone is follow your heart not your eyes or what others deem the 'perfect man.'

Phunk Factor said...

@ ♫Hershey's Kiss♫

Thanks, man! I've yet to drop by ur spot..will do so soon! :)

@ Sebastian G. Oliver

I'm not a big time fan of Christina either...but this one song gives me the good stuff! :D

I do agree....gay world is alot more obsessed with looks...bt tht's because the gay world is also fixated on sex...who doesn't like having sex with good looking ppl?!

If we eliminate the sexual tendencies, so will we get rid of out fixation on beauty!

I loved ur last piece of advice!

M@rvin said...

You know, I've heard of guys with a fireman fantasy or a cop fantasy - you're the first with a publisher/copy editor fantasy! :P

Phunk Factor said...

@ M@rvin

Imagine all the naughty stuff we can do over the photocopy machine! :p

LOL!

I'm up fr anything, man...i admire a working man..especially those with strong work ethics!

Derric said...

Your post reminded me of the video for "Forever & Always" by Shania Twain.

Yes i totally agree that beauty does plays a very important role, and its also true that the perception of beauty varies. To grow old with a person you love is the best of all blessings.
Have kept all my fingers crossed, even my toes are trying to do the same.

Sebastian G. Oliver said...

LOL, yes sex with good looking people always makes it better, but, a las, the ratio of good looking to average is quite large, which is why most gay men are single IMO!

And, then there are those of us who want romance in the mix above looks, and, that it really the odd man out in the gay world! Romance first?!?! Who does that? :-)

B. said...

I love that quote... Btw, I also was amazed by this when I found out recently that Monica Bellucci is married to Vincent Cassel, who is not that good "catch" as you can see... But I was feeling happy because of them...

Phunk Factor said...

@ Derric

I hope u find someone like that really soon!

@ Sebastian G. Oliver

Average looks would get me back ANY day...the rose colored glasses do the rest! ;)

@ B.

Ooooo...i totally see what ur pointing towards...and I got the same feeling from Katy Perry n Russell Brand...bt they're fairly young..however he played a HUGE part in inspiration fr her second album...so maybe they are going for something solid!

At ne rate...they shud hav an happily ever after!

raulito said...

Sounds to me like you are quite the sensitive, caring type of guy.
Fine sentiments, good feelings...you do project it.
saludos,
raulito

Phunk Factor said...

@ Raulito

Only wen I'm sober...lol...kidd'in!! Bt yea...if ur not nice, ur not human!

Thanks fr dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...