May 6, 2010

Learn Chinese in 10 Minutes

I was at my university today filling out a completely new blank Examination Form because my awesome university misplaced the form I had submitted on Tuesday. Thank God Ryan saw my name pending on the 'Not Submitted' list and asked me as to why I haven't. I take such things very seriously and do them as soon as possible. Living in Pakistan, you need to ready for anything to happen at any moment. So it's best to do wrap up important stuff as soon as possible.

Ryan had submitted his form yesterday and just tagged along today to get the 411 on how my studies are going and also to ask if I will explain to him a few things. We're standing in the line and he is boasting how I should do things on time like he does. Bleh! And then suddenly he says, "I was bored yesterday so I learned chinese!"

Everybody, literally everybody, turns around and they all have the WT* look on their face. The line only has people from our batch and though we are familiar with all of them, we don't talk regularly to all of them. You just can't maintain social contact with a batch of 300 plus students. But still, that statement got the WT* look from everyone.

He takes out a slip from his pocket and tells me that he can say these sentences in chinese perfectly. I argue that he didn't learn how to speak chinese, he just learned a few sentences. "Just ask me for the translation! By the time I'm done with it, you will be able to speak Chinese too. Think of all the hot chinese chicks you will be able to tap!", he teases.

I give him the 'You Know I'm Gay' look and he has that stupid smile plastered all over his face. It's pointless to argue against him at this moment, so I go ahead.

While I didn't learn chinese by the time it was over, I was definitely laughing my butt off at what just happened. Clueless?

Read ahead - at your own risk;

That's not right - Sum Ting Wong

Small horse - Tai Ni Po Ni

Did you go to the beach? - Wai Yu So Tan

I ran into that table - Ai Bang Mai Ni

You need a facelift - Chin Tu Fat

How come it's so dark in here? - Wao So Dim

Aren't you on a diet? - Wai Yu Mun Ching

Double yellow lines - No Pah King

Our meeting is next week - Wai Yu Kum Nao

I'm hiding - Lei Ying Lo

When did you last have a bath? - Yu Stin Ki Pu

Fantastic! - Fa Kin Su Pah

Will you lend me $100? - No Fu Kin Wai!

Confucius would be so proud of me. But I'd rather exchange a few hot and heavy sentences with Mike Chang from Glee. God, this guy is gorgeous and a totally amazing dancer. While we're having a few of those hot and heavy sentences, why not have a dance as well with him? ;)



11 comments:

H said...

Hahah for a second Stupid me actually thought it was Chinese.

Sam said...

LMFAO!!!!!
wait.. I should feel offended considering the fact that I've been spending 2 dams years learning this lovely language... and Imma pursue it in college too!! lol
FML

hahahahaaha this is really funny :)
We have some of theses sentences, joked around back in my country too ;)

Hope your studies are going well
Sam

Derric said...

感谢我们的快速汉语教学你

M@rvin said...

Ahahaha! Especially love the last two! :)

Phunk Factor said...

@ H

You're not the only one! Many people actually did!

@ Sam

Ur studying chinese too? I thought u were doing madarin!! Man, ur one freakín genius!!

My studies are gng good...thanks for asking! :)

@ Derric

Whatever you say, man!

@ M@rvin

I loved the last one!! I actually was still laughing when I submitted the form and I snorted in front of the clerk!

Johnny said...

ROFLMAO

I love ur Ryan post ALOT!

iDamion said...

lmao. thst was a good laugh. I thought it was chinese but then i realized its english in chinese. the laugh made up for the heat at school. thanks man.

Phunk Factor said...

@ Johnny

I'll let Ryan know!

@ iDamion

Hey!! Long time no see! Glad to know you liked it!!

Mac Callister said...

im too lazy studying other languages haha been here in qatar for almost a year and i only know few words

Mike said...

You had me convinced it was Chinese up until the last one!!!

It'd be interesting to hear about your life in Pakistan. Is it as dangerous as it is made out to be on TV in the US?

Phunk Factor said...

@ Mac Callister

Learning a language depends on what the language is...i'm crazy about Spanish and I'd love to learn it!

@ Mike

I was wondering when someone would point out to the 'Ready for Anything' line! The TV portrays the wrong things happened around here and there are alot of wrong things happening to be portrayed...but that's just a particular sect!

This sect is a minority but it is sooo much projected by the media, ppl NOT in Pakistan think everyone in Pakistan keeps a gun in their home and stuff! :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...