Mar 27, 2010

World Wide Wanks

While I may be a new-born babe in the blogging world, having only recently become a part of the publishing side. I have been around for almost 2 and a half years in the Gay Circles of Social Networking.

Under the alias of Phunk Factor, I have maintained an Orkut profile since October 2007. I have encountered many people and some of them are now my very dear friends. You are probably aware of one of them, Crazy Sam. With this selected bunch who I have gotten close with are in knowledge of my identity. They know my name, where and what do I study, the city I live in, how do I look, my contact information; basically the 411 on me.

Even though most of them aren't in Pakistan, I have had the pleasure of talking to them over the phone and have cam sessions with them. Not the naughty kind, mind you. I have this crazy fear that somebody might record whatever I do and use it to blackmail me. Lol, I know that's really stupid of me!

The countless number of times, I have felt like deleting my account for whatever reason, it is this band of selected people that made me change my mind. And they didn't even have to say anything. They were not aware of these thoughts churning in my mind. And most probably, they would never know. That is unless they stumble upon this post. The thing I fear is that if I go, there is a good chance of me loosing them once and for all.

One person I got to know, develop a slight crush on, become awesome friends with and start to cherish is Cape. Cape is a 21 year old Delhite with a most wicked sense of humor, cynical personality and dimples so cavernous you could get lost in. But why am I blogging about Cape?!


Well Cape has left this social networking circles - for now at least. And if I am being really honest, I feel he has left it for good. It's not like nobody has left before. It's that nobody this important to me has left before. It is quite amusing how easily we become attached to people off the internet.

Given the strictly conservative Asian society, gays have found refuge under the wings of the World Wide Web, or as my friend likes to call it the World Wide Wanks. It's not only at websites like ManJam and Planet Romeo. But closeted gays also maintain a separate IDs on Orkut, Facebook and other similar web sites. These profiles are designed specifically for the purpose of interacting with other guys.With a simple click of a button, you can talk to people from your own country or a foreign land. And since most wish to remain anonymous, you really don't know someone well until you really make the effort to get to know them.

My circle included guy who are looking for commitment or casual dating, someone who asks if your head hurts after it repeatedly banged into the bed from the humping that took place not long ago. While some of us haven't been successful in the matter of the heart, we did find ourselves victorious in establishing really nice friends.

I am not certain of how long will I be staying there myself. At the start of 2010, I was pretty certain that I'll be deleting my ID by June. But now I have decided to stick around for a little while longer. And I'm also not certain how many of these awesome people I will be meeting for real, since we live in different countries. However I do plan to make a conscious effort of meeting some of them. And yes, Darling Cape is on a very high spot on my list.

My tales from the WWW are numerous and I will be blogging about them all sooner or later, but before starting off the scandalous saga of naughty cracks and nutty remarks, I'd like to dedicate this post to Cape; my partner in crime and my first (Also second) E-Valentine. I remember once telling him about this guy I had started to like but not saying anything to him in fear of rejection. He said;
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!
 I know these aren't Cape's original pearls of wisdom, but hey! I heard them first from him. Dear Cape, I'm so not saying 'good-bye' nor will I be giving you a 'I'll miss you' speech, you are still pretty much existing in my world. And the day you go, watch out for a big black bull that will be waiting to phunk the hell out of your dimpled arse cheeks.

May we meet one day to pelt Miley Cyrus with eggs, push Joe Jonas into tar & feathers, attend a Kelly Clarkson concert, have our pictures taken in matching red outfits and make-out with McSteamy together.  Bonnie & Clyde need to take lessons from us!

Love you,
Phunk Factor

11 comments:

Mike said...

It's always fun to get to know a blogger in person! Or by cam! HAHA

Phunk Factor said...

@ Mike

Yeah, I do agree to that!!

SiD said...

I feel guilty after keeping a secret account for a few months, then i go ahead and delete it. Few months later I would see myself with another secret account, this time the guilt would be a little lesser. This goes on and on, and I think I ll stop this time.

Phunk Factor said...

@ SiD

I kno somebody who does the same...but he does it out of boredom! Guess it varies from person to person!

M@rvin said...

Yes, having a separate gay Orkut profile was definitely a nice release when I was closeted. For a short period, I even had two blogs actually.

And McSteamy is also McDreamy, yummy!

Phunk Factor said...

@ M@rvin

The technicalities and trivialities of being gay!! :(

Rakesh said...

So when are you coming to San Francisco?

Phunk Factor said...

@ Rakesh

I will be visiting States at the end of 2010, but most probably I'll be heading for Shreveport, Dallas, Plano, Houston or Denton!!

San Francisco...perhaps next year!!

anonymousguy_86 said...

Read ur blog...quite interesting

A Gay Mormon Boy said...

You have an Orkut account? I thought I was the only one in the US. Haha.

Phunk Factor said...

@ Anonymousguy_86

*Chuckles*...thanks!! :)

@ A Gay Mormon Boy

Orkut isn't really that popular in Americans, so I'm not surprised! Most of the people online from America are Asians!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...