Mar 23, 2010

Ryan

I'm constantly surrounded by a multitude of people who happen to love me and care for me, some family and some friends. Occasionally there will also be a boyfriend. These people have always been there for me to help me, support me, knock sense into me and just simply give me the boost that makes me phunk. Some of them are aware of me being gay, some suspect and some are completely unaware. Time to time, I will be mentioning them. I don't want to just put the whole cast of Phunkrama in one post and over-whelm you guys.

It's not like they're alot. But each and everyone is a character in their own right and I cherish them all. As mentioned, I will be introducing them from time to time; in no specific order. They will be coming as the incidences that mark the importance of them in my life are turned into posts. Today I'm going to be telling about a very close dear-friend of mine, I'd like you to call him Ryan. Anyone who is as good-looking as him, just has to be named 'Ryan'.

Ryan is 22, about five months older than me. Still a child at heart but quite possibly the bravest person I know. He's really smart but he just doesn't give it his all till the eleventh hour, but he can be a complete square at times. He's studying in the same college as I am and hates it just about as much as I do. Though I have known him since about 5 years, the last 3 years where when I really got to know him as a person. Earlier on, we just used to go to the same tuition and all talks were related to academics. He was a minor crush of mine at first, but then all crushes eventually fade away. And yes, he's gay!


About seven months into our university life, he came out to me and I was completely shocked. Can't reveal details, because they are not pertaining to me. But his coming out, bought us alot closer. No, we have never been boyfriends. He's got his share of romance and I have got mine, but our hearts have yet to collide. Frankly speaking, I wish they never do. I'd like him as the guy I can go back to and spill my heart out.

We poke each other all the time about our stupidities and he likes to pretend I'm his eternal affair. We go out together and we both know it's strictly friends. But he does have the honor of being my first kiss though. We both went to States last year, but at different time. While he was away, I tried the local dating scene. Needless to say, I was severely disappointed. This is a conversation that happened between us, when I told him about it.

Hope you have the same reaction as I had!

Me; I need to tell you something.
Ryan; *slurp* Are you my wife or something? What's the deal with 'I need to tell you something'...batana hai to bol warna put your lips to better use. (Translation; Say what ever it is or put your lips to better use)
Me; *rolling eyes* Whatever, I just wanted you to know that I went on a couple of dates when you were gone.
Ryan; What?! Seriously?! While I was seeing you...how could you? I always thought you'd be the faithful one!
Me; Fcuk you!
Ryan; Gladly...your place or mine?

Silent treatment from my side.

Ryan; Okay, okay! So how many dates were they? 10? 15?
Me; 3, you moron!
Ryan; Just 3! Your such a disappointment!
Me; Fine! Whatever! They sucked anyway!
Ryan; You got a blow job on your first date?!

I look at him for a second in disbelief and he stares back at me with the same expression, I start laughing uncontrollably.

Moments like these and then some not like these make Ryan one of the most important people in my life. Ryan, when you read, you should know I'm serious when I say you've got an awesome butt!

11 comments:

H said...

Aww. You two are adorable together from what I gather. You're lucky to have someone like him, never let him go. :)

Phunk Factor said...

@ H

Yeah..I have no intention of letting him go! Plus with him around, I feel like I'm smart! :p

Hahahaha!!

M@rvin said...

Aww, sounds like an idyllic situation. Now I want a gay male pal too!

Sid said...

haha.. yeah don't let him go, its really nice to have someone to open up to, some one who really understands you, lucky :D haha..

Phunk Factor said...

@ M@rvin

If you've got a gaydar that's nothing like mine, I'm sure you could spot one close-by!

@ Sid

I have no intentions of doing that, believe me!

Gibben said...

Okay, this made me so envious. I miss having such a friend in life. And I want know if it is necessary to share a bit of a mutual "attraction" towards each other... to be this good friends with another gay?

Phunk Factor said...

@ Gibben

Obviously you need to be somewhat attracted to the company...otherwise one of you might not stand the other's company and he will be pushing the other person away! I guess it helps knowing the person as a 'friend' before getting him to kno as a 'gay friend'!

Raj said...

OMG! Needless to say, I wish I could have MY gay best friend.Having been a homophobe(forgive my exaggeration) until I realized I belonged to the other side of the line I don't really have a right to complain.Goes without saying that you have been lucky and yea...I kinda like your friend's sense of humor from what I gather from the post.lol
You guys remind me of Brian and Michael in QAF :P (refer my earlier comment).

Phunk Factor said...

@ Raj

Sometimes even I feel that way!! We're our own twisted version of Michael n Brian from QAF! ;)

Phunk Factor said...

@ Raj

Sometimes even I feel that way!! We're our own twisted version of Michael n Brian from QAF! ;)

Phunk Factor said...

@ Raj

Sometimes even I feel that way!! We're our own twisted version of Michael n Brian from QAF! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...